Friday, April 10, 2015

Constantly Raining


After several years of significant drought, our area has received much needed and appreciated rain this spring. It has been a joy to pull the umbrella out of the closet and use it as I dash in and out running errands. As I snapped it up the other day, I found myself thinking about a beautiful rain analogy that President Dieter F. Uchtdorf used as he spoke to the women of the Church last fall. He said:

"Part of our challenge is, I think, that we imagine that God has all of His blessings locked in a huge cloud up in heaven, refusing to give them to us unless we comply with some strict, paternalistic requirements He has set up. But the commandments aren’t like that at all. In reality, Heavenly Father is constantly raining blessings upon us. It is our fear, doubt, and sin that, like an umbrella, block these blessings from reaching us.
His commandments are the loving instructions and the divine help for us to close the umbrella so we can receive the shower of heavenly blessings." (Living the Gospel Joyful)
Since then, I have tried to keep my umbrella closed and be more aware of and grateful for the many wonderful blessing that my loving Heavenly Father rains down on me.
Marilyn
who is loving the sunshine today

No comments:

Post a Comment