Friday, September 26, 2014

Weak Things Become Strong

Last night as we were taking a walk, I shared some concerns with Ben about insecurities and weakness I have. He listened patiently, put his arm around me, and when I was through, he looked at me said, “Well, with the Lord’s help we can make these strengths.”

I am grateful for Ben’s response to my concerns and it was just what I needed to hear. I am even more grateful for a loving Savior who wants us to be strong. He helps us recognize weakness and he helps us change them into strengths. Jacob 4:7 says,
“Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things.”
Ether 12:27 says,
“And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

There are countless examples in the scriptures of this process and I have had many experience in my life where, because of a willing, faithful heart, I have seen people change and become stronger. I am thankful for God’s grace and His ability to make us better. 

Ryanne
-Who enjoys going on walks

No comments:

Post a Comment