Monday, October 6, 2014

An Expected End

We all know people who struggle or suffer in a variety of ways. In fact, whether we are aware of the struggles of those around us or not, it is safe to assume that everybody we come in contact with is facing one difficulty or another. Some struggles are long-lasting and others short, but they certainly happen to us all. Several people that I am close to have serious health problems that will likely continue until the end of this life; others have already reached that point. Of course health problems aren't the only struggles faced in this life, and given the eternal nature of all of God's children, health problems are not necessarily the worst struggle we could face. Several months ago I came across some verses in the Old Testament that bring me comfort when I consider the difficulties of life.

This is Jeremiah, speaking on behalf of the Lord to the Jews in Babylon:

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
 12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
 13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
 14 And I will be found of you, saith the Lord: and I will turn away your captivity[.]

The Lord knows our individual struggles and needs; He is aware of us in every way. Not only that, but His thoughts toward us are those of peace. He wants to bless us. And, not only that, He foresees the day when our struggles will be over, even when we do not.

Forrest
--Who just feels grateful


No comments:

Post a Comment