Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"Becometh as a child"

Every Sunday during Sacrament meeting, our worship service, we listen as 2 or 3 people in our congregation speak on an assigned topic. Last Sunday the first speaker was a 12 year old girl who talked about hope and faith. It was a short, simple talk that left me pondering her words all day. The meeting continued and I was watching a little 3 year old girl sitting one row in front of us. She was using stickers and crayons to quietly create her masterpiece. Once she finished, she quietly walk over to an adjacent pew and gave her picture to another little girl and then quietly returned to her seat. The little girls was so excited to get this picture and spent several minutes touching the stickers and looking at all the drawings. She then grabbed her crayons and returned the favor.

As we watched this interchange take place over about an half hour, Ben and I were both touched. Ben leaned over and whispered in my ear, “This is my favorite part today.” I agreed and thought about why it was so touching to us.

Little children are so full of love. I could give example after example of this. They are kind, innocent, and loving. I think it is because of this that we are counseled to become as little children so often in the scriptures. Here are a few: 3 Nephi 11:37, Matthew 18:3, and Mosiah 3:19 which says,

“For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.”

I hope that I can apply this to my own life and be quicker to show acts of kindness and love with humility. I’m glad we are reminded so often in the scriptures because I need frequent reminders.
-Ryanne

Who received this card last Easter from a very thoughtful niece…
Ok, this one is to Ben but mine was similar


"ben Somebunny love you"

It Me! Love Devynn

No comments:

Post a Comment